ARES Battle Engine
A downloadable tool
Note: Compatible with Unity 2017.2.5f1 and higher.
ARES is a turn-based battle engine designed with flexibility and ease of use in mind. Being well aware that each game is different and will have its own unique requirements, ARES provides a solid system for developers to use and build upon.
The package offers everything you would expect from a typical battle engine. This includes:
• A solid foundation for turn-based battle games.
• Tons of out-of-the-box customization options like "start of round" and "start of turn" action selection modes, item consumption moments, effect orders and more.
• A complete workflow that handles correct timing and creation of animations, audio, instantiations and effects processing.
• Easy to create and highly customizable character stats, abilities, items, status afflictions and environment variables - no code required.
• Per-actor and per-group battle inventories (in both linear and stacked-item implementations).
• Unlimited customization through both events and external extensions, as well as internal code.
• A full 3D example scene to help get you started.
• Comprehensive documentation in the form of a manual and in-code comments.
ARES has gone through many iterations before finally landing on this design. It is a robust and extendable system featuring clean, well-commented code that is made with painless extension in mind. It covers a lot of complex situations and edge cases that might not be immediately obvious, and handles them gracefully, again putting a lot of control in the hands of the developer through various battle rules and callbacks.
In order to download this tool you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $55 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.